Today, I’m prepping lunches and came across some frozen blueberries in the freezer from last summers’ pick up north. So, Blueberry Cinnamon Muffins it is!
Whenever you are baking with frozen blueberries (or any type of frozen fruit), leave your fruit in the freezer until the very end and then gently fold into the mixture as the final step that you take prior to placing your muffins in the oven. Otherwise, they get soggy and limp. Who wants that, right?
So, just a quick post today with a tasty muffin recipe for you.
Stay tuned for next weeks post where I’ll be sharing what I’ve been up to while I’ve been on hiatus and any changes you can expect to see for myself and this blog.
Hope you enjoy the muffins!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup dextrose
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla and blend well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Gently mix your dry ingredients in with your wet ingredients until just combined and then fold in your blueberries.
- Scoop into sprayed medium muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Makes 15 medium muffins.