We went to Florida. Lots of fun in the sun and had a great time at Gatorland, Disney and Busch Gardens. Who knew the kids would enjoy roller-coasters so much. I’m stoked to have some new “partners in crime” to experience new rides with!
While we were away, I noticed a photo on my Instagram that I had posted of my Banana Date Squares that I made awhile back and forgot to post the recipe here. My bad.
Hoping that the kids would enjoy these as much as I do. And, they did! Good thing because they are super-healthy and very filling. Another great idea for the lunch box in place of processed bars.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until smooth.
- Add dates, coconut oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, oats and chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- Place mixture in an 8×8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press ingredients into pan with your hands or spatula until firm.
- Bake for 28 minutes (or until crispy around the edges).
- Remove from oven, cool and cut into squares or rectangles to look more like bars.