You may notice that this recipe for my Easy Mac and Cheese is not my typical type of recipe post. To date, I’ve been focusing primarily on dessert recipes but over the past few months I’ve been thinking that maybe I need to start adding some easy dinner recipes for families that are on the go.
My “go-to” easy meal for dinner has always been Macaroni and Cheese. Not the store-bought kind you buy but real, home-cooked, gourmet Mac and Cheese.
I’ve been making this particular recipe ever since I can remember. It is creamy and cheesy and oh so good. Comfort food at its’ finest!
I’m sure you’re family is going to love you for this one. Takes less than 30 minutes to make and you can prepare. I make mine in the morning and keep it covered in the fridge. Pop it in the oven for 45 minutes to warm and you’re all set and ready for dinner.
- 3 cups Macaroni
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling on the top
- 1/4 Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Cook and drain macaroni and place in a greased 2-litre casserole dish.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and mix well.
- Add milk and cook over medium heat while stirring consistently until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, add salt and cheese. Mix well.
- Pour over macaroni. Mix. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over top.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.