In keeping with the season, what better way to curb that sweet tooth than with the flavours of Fall. This pumpkin roll with maple cream cheese filling has always been a bit hit with my family and I’m sure your family will love it just as much.
I wanted to mix things up a bit with my baked goods this Thanksgiving so I opted out of pies and tarts and made this delicious pumpkin roll instead.
I don’t know about you but after a big meal, I just want a little something to finish things off.
Folks, this is it.
Of course you do!
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Mix above ingredients and spread evenly on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Turn upside down on a tea towel and roll lengthwise in the towel.
- Cool until lukewarm, unroll and spread filling and roll back up with tea towel.
- Roll tightly in waxed paper and freeze for one hour.
- Slice and serve.