I’m not sure what your rules are where your kids attend school, but mine are not allowed to bring any food with peanuts. Wow Butter has been a great option for sandwiches for my little guy who won’t eat meat sandwiches. Do you have that problem with your kids too?
So, if you have little ones (or even biggies) that attend school, these granola bars made with WowButter are a great addition to the lunch box. I’m a peanut-butter lover and have been more than pleasantly surprised at how much the wowbutter actually tastes like the real thing. Go for the 6-pack, it will last you through the school year and knock yourself out…these are delicious! You can even get the individual packages for dipping things like apples or pretzels.
If you’re making these for “at-home” consumption and you don’t have to worry about nut allergies, feel free to use regular ol’ peanut butter.
WowButter Granola Bars
- 4 cups oats
- 3 cups rice krispie cereal
- 2 cups Wow Butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Grease a 9×13 pan with softened butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats and rice krispies. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan heat the WowButter, honey and maple syrup over medium heat until mixture is creamy and warm.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Immediately, add your WowButter mixture to the oats and rice krispies and mix well. *Note – I just use my hands. It’s messy but fun.*
- Press firmly into 9 x 13 greased pan.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cut into desired shapes or sizes.
- Pre-package for lunches and store in the fridge.